Thursday, October 9, 2008

WW Tip of the day

Go to the meetings. This may sound intimidating or silly and you may be imagining that it is a bunch of overweight people crying together but it is none of the above. I started doing WW alone online and had a little success but then I stopped and got the heaviest I had ever been. A friend said she would go to the meetings with me and pay for me to get a monthly pass, it was so helpful. I was so intimidated and felt so silly the first time but now 30 lbs later it was all worth it. Find a time when the registration is free and find a friend to go with, plan to stay about 20 minutes to talk about what your goals are and your ideal weight.
*
Are you out and about and looking for something to eat? I love Chick-fil-A and I have figured out that if order a 4 piece kids meal with fruit and a diet drink it is 6 points. If this is too many for your day a 4 piece meal with fruit is 4 points.
Anyone else know good eats at fast food places that are low in points?
*
Special thanks to Mojito Maven, LyndsAU & Blue-Eyed Bride for hosting Weight Watchers Wednesday every week. Check out their blogs if you haven't already they are all great reads.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I just had chick fil a for lunch...

but I assure you it was a #1 with the fries.

I did get a Diet Dr. Pepper. Does that count?

Mrs. Classic said...

I always get a diet DP as well! I feel so silly ordering a kids meal with a diet drink but I am just going to have to get over it.

LyndsAU said...

I love your WW tips :) If I ever eat out, I eat at Quiznos. Their small turkey (with no cheese), lettuce, tomatoe, mustand (and any other fresh veggies) is 5 points! And pretty dang filling! :)

Lindsey said...

Great tips, thanks!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

i joined WW online about a month ago and love it. i don't go to the meetings this time around. when i lost the most weight i did go to the meetings and it really helped.

thanks for linking to us! :)

Bonnie said...

I want to start weight watchers really soon & I'm so bad at planning things out. Really, my main goal is to try & cook more for me & my hubby. We both need to lose a lot of weight & we both are trying for a baby. My big fear is getting pregnant before I lose the weight! Argh, I hope I can do it!