Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yummy

Hello! I just have to apologize in advance and for all of my blogs. I am a random person and my blogs will also be otherwise I will be posting about 3 times a day.
*
I received a late birthday present yesterday! A new cookbook from my absolute FAVORITE chief (is that the right word) Giada De Laurentiis, her latest book Giada's Kitchen. I love her recipes and have have gotten some of my favorite from her. I wanted to point something out in the latest book to all of you since it seems so absolutely disguising. Try out the Panini with Chocolate and Brie (pg 58) it sounds like the weirdest combination of foods but it is amazingly delightful!! I saw it a while ago when she was a guest on Oprah and decided I had to try it. Basically it is a panini made on sourdough with brie, chocolate chips and basil. I have myself craving it right now. I ask you please if you like all of these ingredients separate to try it and let me know what you think.
*
Now that all of you WW ladies are craving chocolate let me redirect you! I was asked the other day by Lulu what some of my favorite "healthy" snacks are. I basically survive on 1 point snacks so I have quite a few up my sleeve. Here are a few I enjoy almost daily. (all are 1 pt)
*
Babybelle low fat (the ones wrapped in wax)
WW string cheese
Apples (so filling)
fat free Jello pudding
WW fudge pops
Coffee with fat free creamer and splenda with fiber
(remember to measure the creamer)
2/3 cup frozen peas
(throw them in a bag and eat even if they are still frozen, seriously they are good)
Prunes (just try them!)
V8 (0 pts for 1 cup)
progresso soup (also 0-1 pt)
Just remember to measure everything out!
*
Also in exciting news I have gotten tons of stuff done on our place and I am hoping to post photos before we put up our Christmas stuff next week. We have a tradition of putting it all up Thanksgiving night after we have celebrated. Not to sure when that will be this year since hubby with be spending the ENTIRE day at the firehouse without me. I love enjoying it as long as possible, I have even already entertained the thought of putting it up before but think it may be pushing it to put it up so early.
*
!!I am getting e-mails again when I get comments!!

7 comments:

Lulu said...

Do you have yahoo email? I do, and my comments are STILL going to my Spam folder, ugh!

Can't wait to see pics of what you've done!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see pictures!

1 points WW food is the best!!

Sweet Simplicity said...

You will have to share some of the great recipes that you find from that book!

Lindsey said...

Can't wait for pictures!!!!

Thanks for the WW one point snacks, great tips!

LyndsAU said...

Gotta love those 1 point WW snacks!! :) I live for them too! Thanks for sharing girl!!

Lulu said...

Thank you SO much!!! Sooooo helpful, will go grocery shopping today!
xoxo,
Lulu

Lavender Lily said...

I passed along a blog award to you today...check it out!