Sunday, June 21, 2009

Vacation recap (lots of photos)

I promised you I would show you some of the photos from our anniversary trip.
*First Day*
Hubby with a bad hand of cards in UNO.  We love playing UNO together, one of our favorite things.  If you haven't played it in a while go pick up a deck.  We play that if you put down any card but a regular number card (skip a turn, change direction...) you get to put down another card. If get a good hand you can put down a ton of cards at once.

Boot beer

Too dark and late to start a campfire so we improvised.

*Second Day*
Our actual anniversary

We hiked up to a beautiful waterfall!


That evening we tried to go out for a nice dinner but we ended up going to a place that had peanut shells on the floor. We didn't get a photo together but we had some fun with the statues after dinner.

We also went to Strawberry Park natural hot springs that evening, also known as the after dark naked hot springs. I pulled this photo offline so that you could see how cool it was.

There were a ton of different pools at different temperatures. There were a few people who got naked but it was dark and steamy so you really couldn't even tell who was and who wasn't naked.
*Third Day*
We got to spend some time with my cousins who live up there.




When we first started dating I could give my husband piggyback rides because he lost so much weight in fire academy.  He has gained back (in muscle) the weight he lost and about 20 lbs more. It's a little harder now.

I was laughing so hard because I jumped on before he was ready.

After dinner we went back to my cousins house and jumped on their tramp.  My husband is amazing on the tramp since he has been on them since he could walk.

*Day Four*
My husband had never rode a horse so it was my priority to get him on one of my Aunt's horses. He had no desire to but did it for me!


My Aunts house and barn

That's the big highlights of our trip!
I mentioned before I left that I had picked up a book on tape for all of our driving.  My husband was not really excited about it at first but I told him that if in half an hour he wanted to switch to music he could.  We never ended up listening to any music our entire trip! We even started a new book on tape when we got home.

8 comments:

~M~ said...

Great pictures!!

Abbie said...

I'm glad you had such great weather while you were here, too! It's neat seeing all the pics because I can pick out all of the local spots pictured. :) It looks like you had a blast!

Lucky in Love said...

Your trip looks amazing!!!

I was just thinking about you and your books on tape today! I'm thinking about getting one for our next trip coming up. Hope we can agree on one :)

Rachel H. said...

Looks like you two had a wonderful trip! I'm SO glad! :)

Elizabeth said...

Love the pics! Looks like you two had so much fun! :)

USCEmily said...

It looks like your trip was so much fun!!
I surely hope you find your necklace, but I'm glad that your husband is being so understanding!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous place! It's so lush and green. It looks like you and your hunny bunny had a great time

The Shabby Princess said...

Aw, it looks like you had a great time. Yay for horse riding! You look so tiny!