Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Never Say Never

I just did something I said that I would never in my lifetime ever do!
I spoke in front of at least 80 kids at Young Life club.
*
I have lead YL for 5 years total now and I was so sure that I would never speak at club. I never felt called to speak or comfortable. Something changed this year though and when we were scheduling the clubs I finally felt comfortable to sign up to speak.
*
I spoke about need and why we need Jesus in our lives. Some how I was completely calm and I was able to speak about what I needed to. It was truly God speaking through me nothing that I could have done on my own!
*

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

6 comments:

Rachel H. said...

Yay!! So glad that you did it...it's so hard to get in front of people and speak!

Patience said...

Good for you! I am a horrible public speaker, but if it is something I am passionate about, I could easily step in front of a group and speak.

Lucky in Love said...

Congratulations! So proud of you :)

Chasity @ Haute Mommy Blog said...

Yay for you! I'm a new follower. I think I found you on Twitter and linked over here. Love your blog!

Betty said...

Nice blog. Way to go! God works in mysterious way. I just have to share a great new book I'm reading called "Decoding The Spiritual Messages of Everyday Life" by Dr. Paul DeBell. It's an amazing book that is helping me to understand my spiritual messages and effectively use their help and guidance to solve everyday problems.

Suz said...

Awesome! Way to go!!