Friday, July 9, 2010

Back to working out

Lately I have been absolutely terrible about working out. Give me a trail that looks like this...
Even one covered in yuck like this...
where I have to wear these not to slip...
and I'll be happy.
I have the hardest time waking up early and getting in my workout before the summer heat sets in. The past 4 days though I've been back to working out. Yesterday I had just enough time to get in 5 miles before the sunset.
My friend even joined me halfway through.
Such an amazing sunset.
It's been hard getting back into it but I've gotten in 14 miles the past 4 days.
Are you a summer runner or a winter runner like me?

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sole Matters said...

i hate running! i prefer the treadmill but the workout isnt as intense. what exactly is that on the bottom of your shoe?

Kristen said...

Holy smokes! That's so beautiful. Where in CO do you live?!

Beach Bum & Baby said...

These pictures are just gorgeous!! I was looking at them when you put them up thinking - gosh I wish I lived there!!

I'm a neither runner but I might have to change that! I'm determined to fit in my old jeans in a reasonable amount of time!!

Southern Champagne Wishes said...

Well, I'm not a runner (I prefer the elliptical in the gym), but those are such beautiful pictures that it makes me wish that I was!

Elizabeth said...

wow, you ran 4 miles!? that's awesome. i just started running again after a very long hiatus. i do mine in the evenings. i just can't get myself up that early.

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

Beautiful pictures! I wish I could get into running, but I just can't!! :)

Katie said...

those are intense shoes!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunset! That might even tempt me to run! Maybe :)

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Lovely sunsets, great job w/keep up with your workouts!