Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A few of my favorite beauty items

I've disclosed this before on the blog a couple of years ago, I have terrible skin.  For years I got huge cysts that would hurt so terribly that I would pick at them until they bleed.  In the last 6 months though I have found two items that I can not go without because they make that big of a difference in my skin.

The first one is so simple it is silly really....


Plain old ivory soap!
$1.99 for 3 bars, cheap good old bars of Ivory soap.  
People don't believe me when I tell them what a difference it's made but it's been huge.  People insist that over time it is going to dry out my face but all I've experienced in a year of the dry Colorado climate is it clearing up my skin. 

The second find is the Clarisonic which cancels out the great price of the soap since it is over $100. It took over a year for me to actually splurge on this item but I'm glad I did.  If your on the fence look at the reviews on Amazon of how much people love theirs.  

One of the best things about both is that I don't have to worry about the chemicals I am putting on my skin.  Most of the skin care acne systems are not safe during pregnancy but I don't have to worry about these.

1 comment:

Hailey HRH said...

OMG i used to have the worst skin in the world too until i started using ivory! its been a life saver for me. i have also heard that it will dry me out - but id rather be dried out than have painful acne all over!