Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halfway to 30!

Wow I can't believe that I am 25! Yesterday was my big golden birthday, 25 on the 25th! I can remember talking about when our golden birthday was when I was little so needless to say I have been looking forward to this day for a long time.
*
My husband surprised me with beautiful red roses when I got home from the house that I was house sitting at. He then indulged me with letting me drag him to all the stores that he normally complains about to help me find a shirt for my party that evening. He was such a good sport! I ended up getting a great new jacket from Anthropologie. I really was looking more for a going out shirt but was happy that evening when we realized we didn't plan on the entire bar being so crammed that we had to sit on the patio. It would have been really cold if I hadn't gotten it. We still had lots of fun though. At one point though we had a really interesting conversation where EVERYONE was trying to convince me that I should try and get pregnant. I can't tell you how weird it was since I have always had baby fever but don't feel like the timing is God's plan for us. Also I forgot to mention why we have baby furniture already, it was my god daughter's and it was time for her to get a big girl bed. When I told my Mother about the conversation today she was asking me more and was concerned that we have been married for two and a half years and have yet to get pregnant. (She is a nurse) Is there anyone else out there who was not using anything for this long and didn't have fertility problems? Please reassure me.
*
My friend Becky was so sweet and got me a WoodWick candle. It sounds like a fire when it is lit, so great since we don't have a fireplace!
*
Today I am all done house sitting!!!!! I really enjoy living in an amazing house for a week but I am SO happy to be back at home. Seriously it is so hard to be living out of a suitcase at someone else house. I also really hate the last day that is full of packing and cleaning and making sure that everything is back in order. I went to go wash the sheets on my bed today and discovered that their front load washer had molded since it was closed for eight days. Ah I hate it when things go wrong when I am at someone else house.
*
I wrote this yesterday and was hoping to find my camera so I could post photos. I can't find it but will post birthday photos as soon as I find it.
Also the title of my post is a Jessica Simpson quote.

8 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Glad to hear you had a great 25th birthday!

Milltini said...

Sounds like a great birthday! Glad to hear it girl ;-)

Sassy Engineer said...

Happy Birthday - I have been looking forward to my golden birthday too! I still have a couple of more years to wait for it though :(

LyndsAU said...

I am glad you had a great birthday !! :)

Brittany said...

Happy birthday! sounds like you had a great weekend!!

Mojito Maven said...

YAYAYAYAY! happy birthday to you!!! And about the baby bug...so many of my HS friends are now pregnant! It totally freaks me out haha

Nicole said...

Hi, I found your blog from Suzette. I love it. Happy Birthday.. My golden bday was 2 years ago. I loved it. Both parents showered me with roses....

We are going on a year of not using anything... Still not pregnant.

beckylbranch said...

Happy Birthday! Love Anthropologie too...what jacket did you get? My husband and I have been married seven years and believe me we hear the "why don't you have a baby" talk all the time! We've had lots of fertility issues though, some which I have discussed on my blog...but it's never too early to start just in case it takes awhile!