Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WW tip of the day

This one is especially important if you are just starting out and are having a hard time sticking to your points at the end of the day.
*
Plan out everything that you will be eating. I liked to plan the next day the night before. This may sound silly but when I was starting out and a temptation arose I was so excited that I was going to have a ...fill in your own craving... that I could resist whatever was tempting me then. I have a friend who would follow her points as she went but would have to eat 0 pt soup for dinner because her points were all gone by dinner, lets avoid this. Also have a little 1 pt sweet that you carry with you for these tempting moments.
*
This is what a typical day for me looks like.
breakfast
1 pt coffee
1 pt yogurt
*
lunch
3 pt shrimp marinara smart ones
*
dinner
4 pt slow roasted turkey with mashed potatoes smart ones
1 pt ww fudge bar
*
this adds up to 10 points and now I have 10 points to fill in between with healthy snacks
*
snacks in between
1 pt string cheese
1 pt baby belle
0 brussel sprouts
1 peas
2 corn
(peas and corn are good thrown into a bag when they are frozen and eaten later as a snack when they are thawed, don't knock it till you try it.)
2 pts almost every cereal is 2 pts per serving
1 pt ww cookie
1 pt popcorn
1 pt for 3 fish oil pills (yes these count as point since they have calories)
I like to have tea at night if I am still hungry after my points are gone all types (not chamomile) are 0 pts

1 comment:

Mojito Maven said...

nice!! this is exactly the posts we need...