Monday, December 15, 2008

The weather outside is frightful

Seriously it is 2 degrees outside and so cold. I decided to brave the cold though tonight and get some Christmas shopping done. I also needed a few things for myself at the mall. I have really been wanting matchstick jeans so that I can tuck them into my Uggs. I decided I should look at Forever 21 for some cheap ones since I have never worn the style before. It is a little intimidating to shop for pants there because they are all so small. I couldn't believe it when the largest pair was too big for me! I also couldn't believe it when they were only $12! I also picked up two pairs of really cute pearl earrings at another store that are not photographing well enough to post. One is half a pearl that is set with diamonds surrounding it, the other is a large dangling pearl. They are very classic!!
*
Tomorrow we have the firehouse Christmas party, it is pretty casual but I am not sure what I will wear yet, most likely jeans. I may just wear my new purple blazer that I wore on Thanksgiving. I was talking to a few of the other wives and we all agreed to jeans for the evening. One thing is for sure I will be sporting my new earrings!
*
For all of those who have been inspired by my workout posts thanks for your sweet words. I will continue but post more frequently about it after the new year. I am so happy that I am getting hooked during the off season when the gym is slow. I am actually off to the gym now because I didn't work out yesterday and won't have time tomorrow. I am guessing I will be one of the only people there since it is freezing.

8 comments:

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love tucking my skinny jeans into my boots. I have discovered that if you take tall socks and tuck your jeans into them and then put on your jeans they look much better. It seems like such a no brainer, but I had to be told about it! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Sounds like your outfit will be super cute! I need to workout! I will actually be doing that today!!

Lulu said...

It sounds like those earrings are darling! You are such an inspiration with all of your motivation toward working out and eating healthy! Keep it up! And, keep the tips coming!

LyndsAU said...

aren't new jeans so fun :) and I looove what I call "skinny" jeans! i have several pair!
love reading about your workouts :) and you go girl for going in that cold of weather!!

Mrs. Nurse said...

gosh, that is cold! $12 for pants is a steal :). Have fun at the party & working out!

THE Stephanie said...

Ahhh... Forever 21. It's my new favorite place. SOOOO cheap. It's like disposable clothing!! :)

littlesack said...

just found your blog and looking forward to following along. I loved your post the other day about gym motivation. I have that camelbak waterbottle and it is Awesome! I also have a polar heart rate monitor and love that sucker as well. My newest desire is a Garmin watch that basically does everything but run for you- https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=349. It's WAY out of my price range, but a girl can dream, eh?

beckylbranch said...

You are so good! I wish someone would give me a swift kick in the butt to go to the gym. I have NO motivation....blah. Anyways! I want to see those earrings!!! :)