Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weekend update

We have had a busy day preparing for a very special event tomorrow! We are going to have one of our favorite families over to spend the night so that the parents can have a free evening alone without kids, our holiday present to them (I say holiday because they are Jewish). I have been watching them for almost 5 years now so we have grown super close, since hubby and I have been dating.
It is a big deal since we charge $150 just to spend the night at their house for an overnight. This isn't including the hourly rate for when the kids are up.
There is a reason why I am still doing nanny work, the pay is just so great and tax free. It's always nice to walk with a $100 bill for a few hours work.
*
We watched them for a weekend this fall
I am guessing there will be lots of this and lots of...
Eli LOVES hubby and snuggling with him. He was laying there first and she came and layed next to him. He loves her just as much as she loves him, just mention her name and he smiles and says it back to me as if he were her saying it!
*
Back to being busy though, we have been cleaning up a storm. When you have spent thousand of hours at their amazing house you lots of pressure to measure up to their million dollar house. We have even been steam cleaning our carpets since they are coming over. I may take some photos of our clean condo to show you! I will for sure take photos of our sleepover though!!
*
Also I have a new follower from Denver, Julie can I be invited to read your blog?! I feel like we have so much in common.

9 comments:

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Can I have them??? They are PRESH!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

What cute pictures - looks like fun!

PS: the mongrammed book on my side table is a gorgeous silk photo album that we received as a wedding gift. It's beautiful!

beckylbranch said...

that is so sweet...ya'll will be great parents someday :)

Anonymous said...

Those little kids are absolutely adorable! You guys look like you'll be amazing parents someday! :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

It is so wonderful that your husband will help you out with the nanny duties. I'd have given just about anything to have had you all around when my kids were little!

Abbi said...

aw....so cute!
looks like yall had fun!

EJ & Roo said...

sounds like you'll have your hands full!! have fun!!

Kebi Cedawna said...

Wow, the pay does sound great, especially for doing something that you obviously love.
I love taking care of children too, I'd like to specialize in Pediatric Nursing when I finally finish school.
And who could resist those curls :)

Elizabeth said...

They are the CUTEST!