Thursday, February 12, 2009

My favorite things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things...
Williams Sonoma finally has pink and green towels! They also have blue and green that are so pretty. I just couldn't bring myself to spend $40 on kitchen towels.
My orchid from last fall has new buds on it that will hopefully bloom soon!
I was just about to give up on it. I always kill them because I was watering them too much. I finally know how to take care of them!
My neighbor who works as a clothing rep gave me 4 pairs of jeans for free! I think he is just sweet, my hubby is a little apprehensive of him. (We all went to the same high school and neighbor was really good friends with hubby's cousin growing up.) I am a really good judge of character so I am not really worried about him.
*
Also love that the people at the firehouse got switched around so that hubby isn't alone at the firehouse all the time with one of the girl firefighters. I TOTALLY trust him but still it is weird to have your hubby all alone with another woman.
We found Ridley's favorite rope toys in the dollar section of Target.
She was so excited when we brought home a pack of three for her tonight.
$10 at Target rather than the $40 that it originally was.
Target is having great sales, not just 10% off like normal. Every section has stuff for 75% off.
This is where it will go! Obviously it will be hung higher.
Why do closets always look so messy in photos even if they are really organized?
Ridley so tired that she was falling asleep on hubby's lap.
She perked right up again though when she smelled food.
Tired again this time with hubby as well!
It has really been a great day and I am so excited I have found so many great things.

14 comments:

DietCokeStraightUp said...

cute post!!! I love the mirror!! (And I wouldn't want my hubby alone with another firefighter chick too. Totally understand).

Bonnie said...

Ridley is so cute! I seriously don't know what I would do without my babies. They make me so happy. I love chi-chi's!
I feel ya about not wanting your hubby to work with just another woman. I don't think any woman would like that.
Have a great night!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Such a lovely post! I love the mirror and can't believe it was only $10!

Shaina said...

Great mirror! I LOVE Target with a passion, I'll have to swing by on the way home today and look for that! Also - your dog is SOOOO CUTE!

LyndsAU said...

love that mirror and those towels!! :) too cute and what a great deal!

koopermom said...

I have that same mirror! but sadly, I paid full price!!

Sassy Engineer said...

I love those towels. They wouldn't match anything in my house (or my budget!) but super cute :) I actually do need some new kitchen towels. Maybe they will go on sale like that mirror - what a good steal!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! I really like the mirror and I just moved into a new home so I am hoping to get to Target myself this weekend and see if I can score some deals. Happy Valentines Day!

Andi said...

Kohl's has some really cute Food Network kitchen towels. They are a little more affordable and Kohl's has tons of sales. I have a couple sets of W-S towels though and they are wonderful! At the end of the seasons I think the seasonal colors go on sale.

Mrs. Nurse said...

I need a neighbor that is a clothing rep, ha! Lucky girl :) Thanks for sharing some of your favorite things!

Summer Athena said...

ridley is the cutest.

Jules said...

Great deal on the mirror and the kitchen towels are really cute too. I love the free jeans too.

beckylbranch said...

Okay-just reading this post is making me want to go to Target and hunt out the clearance isles! Hope you have a great V-day! Becky

Melissa said...

I love your blog! We share a love of shopping at Target, finding good deals, and decorating. Thanks for inspiring me to revamp my blog moving forward.